Legal working
Documents allowing Belarusian nationals to work in Poland.
Declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner
Belarusian citizens are entitled to legally work in Poland on the basis of an employer's declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner.
The declaration should be filed by the employer with the relevant district labour office in Poland. Once it is registered, you can use the declaration to apply for a visa.
The declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner entitles you to work for a maximum of six months within 12 consecutive months. If you are hired in Poland under a contract of employment (on the basis of the Labour Code), after three months of work under the declaration you can apply for a work permit in a simplified procedure. Employment on the basis of declaration relates to short-term jobs except for those in the agriculture, horticulture, and tourism industries (see seasonal work permit).

Work permits
Work permits

As a general rule, it is your employer who applies for your work permit for you, unless the employer authorises you to do it by yourself.
The procedure is carried out by the relevant provincial office.
To obtain a work permit, the employer must demonstrate that no-one could be found in the unemployment register to take on your job. The work permit authorises you to work only for a single employer and only according to the terms and conditions (position, working time, and pay, among others) specified in the work permit. It is issued for a specific period and may be extended.

Single permit
The single permit combines the legalisation of your work with that of your stay in Poland.
The single permit is issued for a specific period and enables you to work as agreed for a single employer. It is issued for a period of three months to three years.
Unlike the work permit, it is you and not your employer who should apply for the single permit. You must apply at the provincial office with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
For more information, including information on eligibility and documents required, please see the website of the Office for Foreigners (in Polish, English, and Russian).

The Blue Card is a type of single permit for work in a highly skilled position. You can apply for it if you have a degree or appropriate high-level work experience and if your salary is equal to or higher than 150% of the official average pay in Poland. You must also meet several other legal requirements. More information can be found here.

Seasonal work permit
This permit applies to selected industries such as agriculture, horticulture, and tourism.
A seasonal work permit must be registered with the district labour office with jurisdiction over the place of residence of your employer. It allows you to work for a maximum of nine months in a calendar year. Once you have this permit, you can be hired for any seasonal work, but only by the employer indicated in the work permit.
For more information, including information on eligibility and documents required, please see the website of the Office for Foreigners (in Polish, English, and Russian).

The Polish Card
The Polish Card is a document confirming membership of the Polish Nation. You can get it if you:
· have at least basic knowledge of the Polish language and cultivate Polish traditions and customs;
· submit to the Polish consul a written declaration of membership in the Polish Nation;
· demonstrate that at least one of your parents or grandparents or two great-grandparents were of Polish nationality or held Polish citizenship, or
· present a certificate of a Polish community organisation confirming your active involvement in activities for the benefit of the Polish language and culture or Polish national minority for at least the last three years.

The Polish Card does not mean that you have Polish citizenship, nor is it a document entitling you to cross the border or settle in Poland. The Polish Card cannot be granted to a person who has Polish citizenship or a permanent residence permit in Poland.

The holder of the Polish Card has, among other things, the right to:
· work and pursue economic activity on the same basis as Polish citizens (work permits are not needed);
· study and participate in scientific research and development work in Poland;
· benefit from health care services in emergencies;
· be exempted from consular fees for: - processing and acceptance of an application for a national visa in order to benefit from the rights resulting from the Polish Card; - processing and acceptance of an application for granting Polish citizenship;
· receive a financial benefit to cover part of the cost of living in Poland when submitting an application for permanent residence (the cash benefit is granted for up to nine months).

Generally, the Polish Card is valid for 10 years from the date it is granted. The validity of the Card may be extended for another 10 years if the holder submits an application no later than three months before the expiry of the Card.

You may submit your application for the Polish Card to a consular post or to the Voivodeship Marshal's Office in Białystok. For more information about the procedure, required documents, and costs, please visit this website (in Polish).

When is a work permit not required?
You are not required to have a work permit if you:
· hold a valid Polish Card;
· are an IT or medical care specialist and hold a humanitarian visa with the designation 'Poland Business Harbour' (from 1 December 2020);
· completed Polish secondary school;
· are a full-time student or graduate of a Polish university (full-time studies only);
· are married to a Polish citizen and hold a residence card granted on the basis of your marriage;
· have been granted permanent residence in Poland;
· are a long-term EU resident;
· are a recognised refugee, have been granted subsidiary protection, are allowed to stay due to humanitarian reasons, or have been granted a tolerated stay.
The project is co-financed by the Governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.